| Betatakin |
On our way to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park we stopped at Navajo National Monument. We weren't able to hike up to the ruins because it is closed for the winter season.
It is believed about 120 - 150 family members lived here from the Puebloan people.
I believe this is the place my family visited when I was very young. I remember hiking up to the ruins and walking amongst the different rooms. It is preserved so well because it was built under the protection of the rock cliffs. Perhaps we'll hike this or the Keet Seel ruins next summer.
| West and East Mittens, Monument Valley |
Next stop, Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park. We had reservations to come to this park back in April 2011 but it turned so cold and rained in Page, which means the slot canyons are closed and it snowed at Monument Valley. We rebooked for a few months later but couldn't make it to that one for some reason so I booked it again during Jared's October break. Mark was not able to make it this time but he said we should just go because Jared was out of school and I had taken a few days off of work. It was more beautiful than I imagined. Between the 2 of us, we took around 500 pictures. (come on over and you can see them, I'm not posting them here)
| Artists Viewpoint |
| Artists Viewpoint |
| 3 sisters praying |
| What we see from our balcony at The View Hotel |
| Sunrise from our balcony |

1 comment:
Fabulous photos!
Post a Comment