| Got sunglasses? |
Before we arrived in Page, we stopped at Horseshoe Bend on the Colorado River. We have driven past this sign so many times on our way to and from visiting family in Utah. We had no idea what an incredible view the little highway marker was hiding. My suggestion for everyone is to stop and take a look. It was so close to the freeway and an easy hike to the edge of the cliff.
I have always wanted to see Antelope Canyon. And I was NOT disappointed, it was breathtaking. Jared and I took so many photos and was impressed all over again as I downloaded them to the computer.
| Lower slot canyon entrance |
There are two slot canyons by Page on the Navajo land. Upper and Lower Antelope Canyon. The opening is where we descended into the amazing light show. I read where the lower canyon is in the shape of an inverted V thereby allowing sunlight to shine through small openings and creating the beams of light.
| The effects of wind and water |
Next visit we'll go see the Upper Antelope Canyon which is just across Highway 98. This canyon is different from the lower canyon by its formation being in the shape of a V. This allows more sunlight inside with it bouncing off the walls of the canyon.

2 comments:
Lori, looks beautiful makes me miss the desert! Blake loves slot canyon hiking. (is that even a word) great to hear about your adventures.
Love it! I wanna go!
Post a Comment