Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pups...

My boys have always loved to build forts. A lot may have to do with me, I was, am and will always be a tomboy.

I vividly remember every spring as a kid when the top soil arrived for all the yards in the neighborhood. Hours were spent making tunnels, roads and cities for my marbles. I tried it with the Matchbox and Hot-wheels cars, but to no avail. Marbles were the best. I had quite a few from playing marbles at school. Who knows, my bucket of marbles may still be at mom's in a closet somewhere. Note to self: Find marbles at mom's.

Besides the dirt mounds at spring, I also loved to climb trees. I really wanted a tree house, but instead found some scrap 2x4's that would be dangerously nailed to the branches for a seat. Can you say, "Tetanus shots up to date?" Anyways... When it began to get too cold to stay in the tree tops, I started forts inside. I used cushions from the couches and lots of blankets and sleeping bags. Then Aunt Phyllis made a great tent to put on top of a card table. It was simple and fun. She even made the top like a circus tent when we put a Coke bottle underneath.


Now my boys make forts. Forts that they sleep in, watch tv in, (yes, they put a tv inside the fort), read in, play video games in, etc. 

Taylor still making forts with his companion:



This fort belongs to Jared and Otto:



No comments: