Thursday, January 7, 2010

Germany seems forever ago...



I was looking through some photos and found this one. Sean(right) and his friends Luke (left) and Harry (center) often played army. Harry's dad served in the military and we lived in the middle of the Army's 5th Corps in Frankfurt, hence the camo faces and the weapons. I have fond memories of living there. Luke's mom and I often took road trips in search of castles the boys could run around in. A favorite was Frankenstein Castle. It was rarely used, mostly once a year at Halloween. The dungeon allowed imaginations to run wild.One of the closest and very fun was Konigstein Castle. I enjoyed finding the off-the-path places that the tourist don't visit.

This is Taylor (left) and Sean (right) with me in 1993 visiting a rock quarry in Germany. Laurie and I took our kids and let them climb the HUGE rocks. 

No comments: